Key To Music Grades

A - You will never be whole without it
B - Highly recommended
C - Flawed, but still pretty good
D - It's your money, not mine
F - Why couldn't this have been burned in Fahrenheit 451?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

First Two 7"s On A 12" - Minor Threat (1981)












A combination of their first two EPs, Minor Threat and In My Eyes, this album is like a series of uppercuts to the face -- for ten minutes. Straight edge punk at its finest. I shall waste no further words. Go on and get it, however way you wish. A

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Straight and to the point - just like their music. Minor Threat is among my top three favorite punk bands along with the Bad Brains and the Dead Kennedys. They have so much energy and conviction and it ALL comes out in their music.

Anonymous said...

Your vinyl post with Bad Brains made me think of these guys. I really didn't want to write too much, just because it doesn't do the music justice. Uppercuts to the face is the shortest way to describe it.

Metal Mark said...

Wow, Jeff. Minor Threat are in my top three punk bands of all time too. Only the other two for me are DOA and the Exploited. Minor Threat were around for an all sort period, but I like every song they did. So for that alone they are about as close to perfect as any punk band has ever been.