Key To Music Grades

A - You will never be whole without it
B - Highly recommended
C - Flawed, but still pretty good
D - It's your money, not mine
F - Why couldn't this have been burned in Fahrenheit 451?

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience And Grace (2007)














I haven't a slice of bloody cheesecake to offer as to this album's reception due to my year-long hermeticism and lack of contact with the free-wheeling public, but -- I don't think that matters anyway, because no one is going to convince me this album is any good. I think the Foo's had their finest moment in One By One, and then they began to parody themselves. Sure, little vignettes and sonic veerings do surface, but this is the same old schticky Foo. Dave Grohl needs to sub in on another Queens Of The Stone Age album or resurrect his nifty Probot project because he's an excellent drummer; otherwise, hang 'em up guys. The Hatter's milk is beginning to curdle and I'm considering switching to soy if you make me sit through another album. Truth be told, I only got this album for the appearance of Kaki King -- because anything she plays is SUPER FUCKING TASTY, and she doesn't disappoint here, either. Check out "The Ballad Of The Beaconsfield Miners" -- it's so nice, but so short. Ok, and I do like "Let It Die," and "The Pretender" is like an old friend who won't go away, even after you've sent death threats to his mother. Otherwise, enjoy the ick. D+

No comments: